Monday, September 5, 2011

"BIG WAVE"


"BIG WAVE" 
You can't really tell in the picture, but there are many textural elements I added such as micro glass beads, mica flakes and built-up gel medium. These two abstracts were fun to paint. They really make you want to go jump in the ocean!

This piece and the one below, Little Wave, were done for an abstract art show during September at the ArtSpace Gallery in the Southern Crossing shopping center in Southern Shores, NC (go to the Art Space facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ARTspace/129069240463727  - there is a picture of me standing by the beautifully framed "Big Wave" and "Little Wave" at the show opening!!!!!). This is a mixed media painting on an 8"x10" board canvas.

UPDATE:  September 7th at 7 pm:  I just got an email from ArtSpace letting me know that this painting sold today. But don't worry, I can paint another one just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment